Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sticky Notes From Heaven

Lamentations 3:22-23 "[Through] the LORD's mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. [They are] new every morning; Great [is] Your faithfulness."

Zephaniah 3:17 - "The LORD your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet [you] with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."


The other week as I awoke from sleep and started to get ready for work, I was in our computer room area and noticed a pad of sticky notes on the desk. Deciding I wanted to surprise my wife and bless her morning when she got up, I decided to write/draw "I love you" in different ways on multiple sticky notes. I then went about placing them in the house on areas that she would see but would still surprise her (bathroom mirror, computer monitor, Brita water container in the fridge, etc.). Now I am not the most romantic guy nor the greatest husband out there, but I wanted to once again let her know that I love her, this time through the creative use of sticky notes.

Upon driving to work, the Lord started to remind me of the "sticky notes" He often sets up for me to see and be reminded how much He loves me. These range from beautiful sunrises that promise a new day of blessings to the rainbow that promises no further global floods to cool breezes that remind me of the Spirit's work in my life, and ultimately the cross that displays His sacrificial love for me. Everywhere I look, if I will only take the time to look, I can easily find these "sticky notes from Heaven".

We can get so caught up in life and our stresses and problems that we tend to forget the great love God has for us. The very same love He showed by sending His Son to the cross for us and that great love displayed in while we were still sinners Christ died for us.

Instead of focusing on the "mountains" of worries around you, take time to pause and look for the sticky notes Jesus has placed around you to say "I love you". They won't be hard to find and they won't disappear.

My wife continues to keep my sticky notes up just so she'll be reminded of my love everyday as she walks around the house as well.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this illustration... and will be sure to remember this when I'm married :)

    It was good to see you yesterday, glad everything is well!

    ReplyDelete