Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Quick Thoughts From Last Night's Edge Study

Can I really be quick on writing? I think so and because I don't feel like writing a long blog, here goes...

I had Ben Tobias fill in to teach for me on Tuesday because (1) I had him prepare something just in case Michal went into labor or a Tuesday or something, (2) she didn't go into labor on a Tuesday but nonetheless the process kept me from my studies, and (3) I had him prepare and wanted to hear him so thought it would be a good night to do so.

Anywho he shared on worship and the wonder of worship. Very well put together and some very neat insights he got from studying the Scripture to prepare. One of the things that stuck out the most was the Jonathan Edwards quote he read where (paraphrasing), Jonathan Edwards rode his horse to a forest and had a great time of worshipping the Lord and a very unique experience. Ben pointed out in our modern day way of trying to imitate packaging and methods, we'd say "well how am I going to find a horse and where's the nearest forest?" and miss out on the fact that worship is not a pre-conceived formula. Ben then went on to look at several people in the Old Testament and pulled out what worship should be like.

We then had a neat time of worshipping the Lord in song and then prayer and it was a very cool way to end the night. It is always neat to be part of something like that where the Lord leads in something unique and different and allows you to be part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment